Saturday, July 20, 2013

Yes we eat them all


Before you continue reading this post, I just want to let you know that people in Phnom Penh are not bizarre lol. It's just the fact that we have found new types of food and to some people, they're the best food. Perhaps there are many types of exotic food around the world, but exotic food in Phnom Penh is perhaps a food you can never imagine. To me as a local resident, I sometimes find it strange. I've tried only some and the rest is just out of my imagination.

Let me introduce some of the most exotic food you can find in Phnom Penh. Below is fried crickets. They're very famous among local people and perhaps the most popular exotic food. I've never tried them because I think I will feel uncomfortable once they're in my mouth lol. Anyway, you can find fried crickets in many local markets. Local people like to eat them as a late afternoon snack. Have a try when you visit Phnom Penh. It's gonna be a great experience :D




Below is the most scary food ever to me. Fried Spiders. I'd never imagine that people eat spiders!!! but they really do!!! Fried spiders are not as quite popular as fried crickets because they look a bit scary. However, some really like them. They can also be found in many local markets and they are sold along with fried crickets. I've never tried fried spiders either and I'll never ever eat them lol. But you can try for the best experience in life with this food. 





But for these, I do have tried. They taste fantastic. Steamed snails. They're more like street food and you can find them on many streets. They're really good for late afternoon snacks. The taste of hot steamed snails with a special spicy vinegar, it's just amazing!!! I'm sure you'll love them :D


No comments :

Post a Comment

Please comment here...